Welcome to the Spring Grove Main Street Reconstruction Project Website
What's Going On?
The City of Spring Grove is proposing to reconstruction Highway 44 from Third Avenue West to Second Avenue East. Since Highway 44 also serves
as Main Street for the city of Spring Grove, the design will also include aesthetic and visual components that enhance the downtown area.
Are the Improvements Necessary?
Improvements to the roadway and intersection will address mobility and safety concerns. The utilities under Highway 44 are in need of
replacement and need to be reconstructed prior to the roadway construction. Both of these improvements will help maintain the existing infrastructure in Spring Grove.
What's Included in the Project?
The proposed project improvements include:
- Highway reconstruction with new pavement with curb and gutter
- Division Avenue intersection improvements
- New storm sewer
- Reconstructed sanitary sewer and water utilities
- Sidewalk replacement with ADA compliant pedestrian ramps
- Alley "corridor" review
- Streetscape, lighting, safety, signage, and aesthetic evaluations